Website The Hazelwood Group of Companies
The Hazelwood Group is seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join our team in Nanaimo, BC. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment with other likeminded, career focused people. At Hazelwood we pride ourselves on fostering career growth by providing plenty of opportunities for learning and career development. We’re a growing company, so it only makes sense that we invest in growing our employees!
Our ideal candidate is energetic, thrives on taking on new challenges and is comfortable working in a complex, fast paced, environment. You enjoy working in a team oriented environment and want to work for a company that values employees and is family oriented.
The Intermediate Accountant reports to the Senior Controller and is a member of the Finance team. Responsibilities include monthly full cycle accounting, financial statements and analytical reporting, as well as compilation of year end working papers and financial statements. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Accounts payable invoices, cheques and credit card payments; accounts receivable invoices, collections, payment receipts; preparing deposits, reconciling petty cash, bank accounts and general ledger accounts; and journal entries.
- Preparing PST, GST remittances and corporate tax installment payments.
- Tracking of inventory, assets and amortization, leases, loans, prepaid, accrued liability accounts, and other accounts as required.
- Preparing monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Preparing budgets and related reporting, and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Maintaining year-end working papers and spreadsheets.
- Maintaining and creating regular analytical reporting to assist Operations Managers in their decision making.
- Maintaining policy and procedure documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of standards, rules or regulatory changes and impacts on the organization’s books of account.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and accounting activities.
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support accounting and financial records.
- Coordination & training of other team members or operations staff as required.
- Assisting team members as required, including vacation or leave coverage including office administration tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned – from time to time these job duties will be reviewed and may be altered to suit the needs of the Finance Department.
- CPA designation.
- 3-5 years’ experience performing full-cycle Accounting and related monthly and year-end reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Sage and QuickBooks accounting systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and MS Word.
- Quality business communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Quality business interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Quality organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Efficient and detail oriented while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Effectively works independently or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative thinking.
- Awareness of related Standards, Rules and Regulations.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at The Hazelwood Group?
- Comprehensive group benefits plan offered after three months of employment.
- Strong team environment that encourages and supports continuous learning and career advancement.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program immediately available upon hire
- Company team building events that include bowling, golf, barbeques, potlucks, etc. We like to have fun!
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- Family oriented work environment.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
The Hazelwood Group is a privately owned, Nanaimo based organization made up of several different companies: Hazelwood Construction Services, Hazelwood Holdings, K2 Stone, Steel Container Systems, Baywood Glass and dunk™ pools. Our related companies work within the construction, mining, manufacturing, retail, real estate development and renewable energy sectors.
Apply to: email@example.com
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.