Website Steel Container Systems, Inc.
SCS Steel Container Systems Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a Draftsperson to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a highly creative and motivated team within a growing company.
Our ideal candidate has at least 1 year of drafting experience along with some experience working in a manufacturing environment. You are a team player with a positive, upbeat attitude who is extroverted and enjoys interacting with our clients. Recent graduates are welcome to apply!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Draftsperson will be responsible for the development and preparation of drawings using AutoCAD and ensuring that design drawings conform to specifications and design data. Responsibilities will include the preparation and interpretation of conventional and CAD engineering designs, drawings and specifications for machines and components, designing moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes.
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Write technical reports and communication documents internally and externally
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches
- Operate computer-assisted drafting equipment or a conventional drafting station
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs, drawings, and specifications
- Prepare cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Design moulds, tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for use in manufacturing processes
- Partner with the Customer Service and Design in order to ensure that the proper inputs are attained in order to create our manufacturing specifications
- Work with the manufacturing team to ensure that we design manufacturing specifications in-line with our manufacturing infrastructure
- Respond quickly to the shop floor’s needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing specifications, Bill of Material, or routings
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself
- Communicate effectively with customers on details and timelines of out sourced work
- Manage the nesting of the plasma bed for both internal and external production
- Performs other related duties as required
- College diploma in drafting technology
- Trade certification for Draftspersons preferred
- 1 year of AutoCAD experience including standardized drafting practices
- 1 year of experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner
- Must have the ability to partner with internal customers in order to develop manufacturing specs effectively
- Ability to create preliminary designs or conceptualization of design
- Ability to create freehand sketches / perspectives essential
- Ability to create presentation drawings with perspectives using Auto-CAD
- Detail drawings for architecture, structure and electro-mechanical works
- Photoshop for preparation of perspectives and visuals
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole
- High level of personal integrity and strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
Benefits of Employment – Why work at SCS?
- Strong team environment that encourages and supports continuous learning and career advancement
- Comprehensive group benefits plan, including Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Company team building events that include (bowling, golf, paintball) barbeques, etc. We like to have fun!
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas
- Family oriented work environment
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Send application including cover letter and resume via email, detailing how your skills and qualifications meet the requirements of this job posting to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. is a central Vancouver Island Lean manufacturer of Waste Containers, Flat Decks, Gravel Boxes, dunk™ pools for every backyard, and open top containers. SCS also provides custom fabrication and design services to our clients.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.