Website Arbutus Ridge Farms Ltd.
Located in Duncan in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, Arbutus Ridge Farms Ltd. is a manufacturer of fresh, consistent, and high quality deli-style foods, ready to eat meals, and home meal replacements. We are celebrating our 21st year in manufacturing. Our team is 60+ personnel and we are looking to add an SQF Coordinator to our team.
Arbutus Ridge Farms Ltd. offers monthly staff lunches, extended medical and dental benefits, a competitive compensation package, and gym facilities within our complex (cost of gym membership is covered by the company). If the daily travel time to reach our facility exceeds 1 hour each way, the successful candidate will receive up to $1000 per month living allowance or nearby accommodations at no cost for the duration of the 6 month contract.
Term: 6 month contract with potential for continued employment
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager/SQF Practitioner, the SQF Coordinator will be responsible for the design and implementation of a fully-functioning and auditable SQF system, based on Modules 2 and 11 of the SQF Code 8th edition. The SQF system will be designed and implemented according to an SQF template set (ifsqn.com).
The successful candidate will assist the Quality Assurance Manager/SQF Practitioner in verifying that production staff comply with all Arbutus Ridge Farms Ltd. policies; this includes SOPs, GMPs, and HACCP plans. On-site training will be provided.
Additionally, and under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the SQF Coordinator will assist with staff training, producing and assisting with the implementation of corrective actions requests, ensuring that food safety standards are maintained to the highest degree by all staff, etc.
Job Qualifications and Duties:
- 2-3 years experience in a SQF-regulated facility in a senior position; applicants with less experience will be considered based on a proven track record or previous experience in SQF implementation
- Lead the SQF project, together with the Quality Assurance Manager/SQF Practitioner, by designing, implementing, verifying, validating, and maintaining the SQF system
- A thorough understanding of the SQF Code 8th edition (specifically Modules 2 and 11), as well as legislation related to the manufacture of food products (e.g. Food and Drug Act, Safe Food For Canadians Act, etc.)
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all products processed by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the process, including quality specifications and standards
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Attention to detail, ability to follow instructions precisely, and accurate data entry skills are critical
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing requests
- Minimum of a Science/Food Science or Microbiological Technology diploma or similar related field; university graduate preferred
- Minimum of training and certification in HACCP Implementation; training and certification in both HACCP and SQF Implementation preferred
If you meet the skills requirements, please send your resume with a cover letter and salary expectations to:
Jake Baas, BSc, Quality Assurance Manager, SQF Practitioner, Arbutus Ridge Farms Ltd. at email@example.com
Shelley Anderson, Human Resources Manager, Arbutus Ridge Farms Ltd.at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job please visit arbutusfarms.ca.