Website Queen Margaret's School
Queen Margaret's School
Queen Margaret’s School is searching for a dynamic Certified Education Assistant for the remainder of the School Year.
Queen Margaret’s School is looking for a dynamic certified Education Assistant to work in our Senior School for the remainder of the School year. Education Assistants are responsible for providing support for students identified as having exceptional needs, under the direction of the Learning Support Teacher and classroom teachers. This is a 20-hour per week position.
Applicants interested in joining Queen Margaret’s School community must embrace the ethos of an independent school education, the capacity to develop positive relationships with all community members, and the desire to contribute to a collaborative learning community.
All applicants for this position will be expected to agree to have a Criminal Record Check initiated by Queen Margaret’s School.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Resume (including copies of certifications)
- Three (3) professional references
- Implement the strategies and work towards the goals outlined in the Individual Education Plan of each student
- Keep up-to-date records of student activities and progress
- Collaborate with colleagues to support a student-centered learning environment
- Coordinate with Learning Support Teacher, specialist teachers, and classroom teachers as required
- Bring energy, enthusiasm, and a love of learning to the classroom
- Attending meetings and school events as required
The following are requirements for this position:
- School and Community Support Worker certification, Special Education Worker certification, Education Degree, or other relevant combination of certification/experience (Please include copies of your certifications in your resume submission.)
- Experience working with identified special needs students with diverse needs
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
- Experience, sensitivity and awareness of working within a multicultural environment
Preference will be given to candidates who also have the following skills and qualifications:
- Level 1 First Aid Certificate
- Training and experience working with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Kindly follow the link to apply: https://qms.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31
For more information about this posting, including application instructions, click here.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.