Website ONE UNITED RESOURCE (O.U.R.) COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
A 25 acre sustainable living permaculture demonstration site, ed
RE-POST: POSITION STILL AVAILABLE – APPLY TODAY!
The Communications Assistant will support internal and external communications efforts for this project. The pilot project will promote awareness of and connect youth to appropriate lifestyle and learning resources with an aim to reduce the potential for long term chronic harm in their lives. The project will focus on relationship and capacity building with three key schools Frances Kelsey, Discovery Elementary and Mill Bay Nature School. There is also potential for a broader reach into other schools within the Cowichan region as they may participate and learn from the program and the associated curricula. Under the supervision and direction of the Project Coordinator, the Communications Assistant is responsible for managing project plans, schedules and key milestones, and facilitating an efficient workflow process to ensure deadlines are met. This person will handle multiple projects at a time in various different stages, so the ability to thoughtfully prioritize, work collaboratively with the team and organize resources is key.
- Collaborate with Project Coordinators to design communication policies and procedures
- Work with team to design and implement organizational systems for effective communication
- Build and maintain database of prospective community partner organizations
- Create systems and procedures for site projects
creating periodicals and documents for external and internal uses
- Participate in all relevant project team meetings
Adhere to the project’s critical path and update team on progress weekly
- Contribute to the project’s final report
- Attend all professional development – educational workshops offered during employment period
- Participate as needed in support of other team members and overall project deliverables
PROJECT ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
This Position Is Part Of A Job Creation Partnership Project. Applicants Must Be Eligible For EI Benefits Program Funding.
Project Date: February 18 – November 08, 2019
- The remuneration is based on Employment Insurance amounts dependent on each applicant’s situation
- Being that this project main functionality is to provide gaining employment experience, the incumbent will be expected to continue with their job search
To qualify for this position, participants must be:
- Currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI)
- Or Eligible for reach back – on EI within the last 5 years
- Identified in the back to work action plan through Global Vocational Services Inc., WorkBC
- Able to get a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check (required)
For More Information, Please Visit https://www.gvsjobs.com/resources/job-creation-partnerships/
Kindly submit cover letter and resume in application to this project to: email@example.com
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.