Elderly woman requires an in-home caregiver to assist with activities of daily living, companionship and household support. This position will include all tasks related to managing a household with the expectation that the companion will regard and respect this home as their own.
Accommodation: Accommodation is optional at no charge on a live-in basis. Room and board will be included. NOTE: This is not a condition of employment.
Wage: $18.93/hour with all WCB and source deductions
Hours: 34 hours per week – flexibility in work hours can be negotiated to meet mutual needs and time off
- Plan and prepare meals and snacks according to special diet
- Assist with grocery and household shopping
- Routine housekeeping tasks: washing dishes, laundry, vacuuming, dusting and general upkeep of home
- Perform yard care: gardening, watering, sweeping balcony and general upkeep of yard as necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of high school
- First Aid Level 1 and CPR certification
- Completion of training program in elderly care or related field considered an asset
- Elderly care or household management experience considered an asset
- Mature individual with a positive and caring attitude
- Non-smoker, no pets
- Will be required to complete a criminal record check and provide a doctor’s note stating that the individual meets the physical requirements of the position
Please email a copy of your resume and references to email@example.com
Persons of Aboriginal ancestry, newcomers to Canada, persons with disabilities, and youth are encouraged to apply to this position.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.