Private In Home Care
Health Care Aide required for in-home care and support for a disabled male Senior. The Senior lives with his son and the family has pets – 2 dogs and 4 cats as well as a lizard who live in the house. Someone with allergies would not be a good fit.
- Hours to be discussed with successful applicant
- $20.00 per hour (with raises over time). Overtime is not included as the worker is required to remain on the property for the duration of work hours only
- Vacation time accrued or paid out
- There will be a minimum of 2 weeks training prior to start
- Interviews will commence next week, hiring immediately for the position
- Personal care routine
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Support to change the channel on the TV
- Meal prep for breakfast and lunch, getting fluids throughout the day
- Ensuring that medications that have been pre-poured are taken
- Dishes, laundry, daily cleaning of bathroom (around base of toilet) linen changes, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping (main living area and bedroom)
- Taking client out for small outings daily (use of family vehicle)
- Ensuring the safety of the client
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Verifiable References
- Certified HCA (or experience). We are willing to train
- Knowledge of Dementia (again willing to train)
- Would be helpful to have experience with behavioural issues and for the person to be confident and comfortable with setting boundaries (again willing to train and give insight as to what works and what does not, what is effective and what is not. Encouragement works with the individual)
Kindly send cover letter and resume detailing how you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.