Website Somenos Marsh Wildlife Society
Job Title: Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
Seeking motivated individual with excellent communications skills to lead our Somenos Neighbours awareness and fundraising campaign.
The Somenos Marsh Wildlife Society (SMWS) is a well-established, dynamic organization that focuses on stewardship of the Somenos Watershed in the Cowichan Valley, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for building increased public awareness and support for our work through face-to-face interactions with partners. The SMWS fosters a team-oriented and fun working environment, which helps the community interact with a treasured part of the local environment.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful track-record fundraising for non-profit organizations
- Post-secondary education in related fields
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with the business community and the public
- Knowledge of current social media platforms
- Website management and graphic design skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to the conservation of natural ecosystems
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Good sense of humour
- Interest in Vancouver Island freshwater ecosystems
- Event planning experience
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to write engaging communications content
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet agreed-upon deliverables around fundraising and communications
- Coordinate annual awareness and fundraising events
- Expand SMWS social media and traditional media presence
- Update website
Time Commitment and Remuneration:
- 15 hours per week with possibility to increase hours based on funding
- 4 month contract with possibility of extension based on funding
- $20 per hour
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than April 25, 2018 at 4:30pm. Contact us if you have any questions at the above email address or at 778-401-8460. Thank you!
We hope you’ll help us make a positive difference for the important ecosystems of the Somenos Watershed.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.