Website Cowichan Tribes
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Support Services Manager of the Lalum’utul’ Smun’eem’ Child and Family Services, the successful candidate will monitor care homes, support families, and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders. This is a full-time, permanent position with local travel required.
- Recruit resources, facilitate placements, provide orientation/training and financial support to caregivers
- Conduct SAFE home studies, monitor/maintain standards for care homes and complete annual reviews
- Maintain timely and accurate case management and quality of service
- Identify and refer caregivers to resources and supports; advocate for caregivers benefits and services as applicable
- Develop internal and external publications and documents as needed
- Organize and/or participate in caregiver recruitment, training events, professional development and agency/team meetings
- Case consult with Support Services Manager, Child Safety Team, the Ministry of Child and Family Development and a variety of other service providers
- Other related duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (please attach all required documents):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child & Youth Care, Social Work, or related field
- SAFE Certification preferred
- C3 delegation preferred
- 2 years’ experience in child welfare field, family services or child and youth care an asset
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and recent Driver’s Abstract
- Recent Criminal Record Check
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Child, Family, and Community Service Act and other applicable legislation, such as AOPSI
- Understanding of the impact of colonization on Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn about Cowichan Tribes history, culture, traditions and values
- Work collaboratively and establish positive working relationships with a variety of teams/groups, community members, organizations and other stakeholders
- Time management with the ability to multitask different tasks simultaneously
- Well-developed written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills
Interested applicants are invited to submit a current resume and a detailed cover letter clearly stating how you meet the qualifications listed in the job posting. Please reply to the undersigned, quoting the reference number and position title.
Deadline: 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected will be contacted.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.