Website Cowichan Tribes
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (ON-CALL CASUAL)
PURPOSE: Reporting to the Transportation Supervisor, the School Bus Driver will transport students on established routes to and from school. This is a casual on-call position at Quw’utsun Syuw’entst Lelum.
- Transport students safely to and from their homes, schools, and field trips following the assigned schedules
- Maintain order and exude authority as required to reinforce safety to the students; demonstrate tact and diplomacy while in the presence of students; resolve conflicts in a positive, respectful and pro-active manner
- Assist students with boarding, exiting and crossing the street while bus is stopped at their designated location
- Comply with traffic regulations, licensing regulations, policies/procedures and other relevant legislation
- Clean and maintain interior/exterior of the bus; ensure the bus is free of any hazards or debris; complete pre/post bus inspections and report any bus malfunctions or repairs
- Document trip and mileage logs, incident reports and other administrative related tasks
- Other duties as assigned to support the Quw’utsun Syuw’entst Lelum department
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Valid Class 2 BC Driver’s License with air brake endorsement required (please attach)
- Current and Clean Driver’s Abstract required (please attach)
- Criminal Record Check required
- BC School Bus Driving Training Certificate is an asset
- First-Aid/CPR-C Certification is an asset
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Safety-focused and proven safe driving practices
- Maintain a safe environment, positive attitude while delivering excellent customer service
- Responsible, patient and assertive when faced with: poor weather conditions, students, road rage, poor traffic conditions and other related distractions
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and basic written communication skills
- Proactive and positive behavior management skills
- Understanding of the Hul’qumi’num language, Cowichan culture and history is an asset
Interested applicants are invited to submit a current resume and a detailed cover letter clearly stating how you meet the qualifications listed in the job posting. Please reply to the undersigned, quoting the reference number and position title.
Attention: Reference No. QSL TRANS BUS 1017
Human Resources Department, Cowichan Tribes
Deadline: 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected will be contacted.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.