Website Cowichan Tribes
Reporting to the Office Manager, the successful candidate will provide office support services to the Sustainable Housing Department by performing a variety of housing related clerical duties. The Clerk position is a Quw’utsun Employment and Training (QET) work experience opportunity allowing the candidate to gain transferable entry-level administrative skills. The position is a full-time term position from October 2017 – March 2018.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY, YOU MUST:
- Be registered as a Cowichan Tribes member and/or Cowichan Tribes Status
- By submitting your application, you authorize consent to release your cover letter and resume to QET which will be used for funding purposes if you are the successful candidate
- Have not been previously employed within the Cowichan Tribes Sustainable Housing Department
- Demonstrate a professional and positive demeanor when responding to community members by phone or in person
- Refer community members to the designated person or take messages as appropriate
- Provide community members and staff members assistance, direction, forms, and other related duties as needed
- Enter maintenance service requests into the in-house database system
- Type reports, correspondence, notices, memos, meeting agendas or other documents as assigned
- Maintain paper or electronic filing systems and track/distribute incoming and outgoing documents as assigned
- Participate in training, organizational events and staff meetings
- Assist with picking up mail/supplies, delivering notices and coordinating meetings
- Other related duties as required to support the Sustainable Housing Department
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (please attach all supporting documents)
- Grade 12 or equivalent required
- Certificate/Diploma in Applied Business Technology or Business/Office Administration is preferred
- First-Aid Certification is an asset
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License is an asset
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written communication, interpersonal skills and community-centered approach
- Strong attention to detail, planning skills, organizational abilities and the ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to uphold confidentiality and operate in a fast-paced/busy work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, use of various office equipment and the ability to learn our in-house database system for processing maintenance service requests
Interested applicants are invited to submit a current resume and a detailed cover letter clearly stating how you meet the qualifications listed in the job posting. Please reply to the undersigned, quoting the reference number and position title.
Assistance with the application process will be available within QET Department at Cowichan Tribes
Attention: Reference No. SHD QET CLE 1017
Human Resources Department, Cowichan Tribes
Deadline: 4:00 p.m. Thursday, October 19, 2017
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected will be contacted.
Please note: This job posting has been provided by an employer external to Global Vocational Services Inc. GVS is not responsible for the accuracy of the content or the conduct of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.