In Business or Thinking of Starting One?
Below you will find links to some of the most important and informative sites related to conducting business.
- Worksafe BC – information regarding safety and compensation related activities on the work site
- Employment Standards – the go to place for any questions regarding staff and rules regarding their employment
- CRA – more than taxes, it’s the place for information around payroll and mandatory deductions
- WorkBC – our provincial Employment Services agency offers many helpful resources for employers
- Canada Summer Jobs – provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
Whether you are wondering about if coffee breaks are mandatory or when you must register for the GST getting the correct information is imperative. The staff of these agencies’ goal is to assist employers get just that. They are ready and willing and able to help with your specific enquiries. Many feature FAQ pages that will answer the majority of your questions.